What is Fibromyalgia? Can Health Wise Chiropractic Help?
What is Fibromyalgia ?
Fibromyalgia is when you have tendor points in places where most people don't commonly have tender points. These include:
- Base of skull
- Base of neck
- Upper chest
- Along the top of the shoulder
- Upper back close to the spine
- Inside the elbows
- Lower Back
- Upper outside edge of thigh
- Inside the knees
Things we recommend to try
- eat plenty of omega 3 fatty acids to create prostaglandin, this hormone reduces inflammation
- eat plenty of green leafy vegetables, kelp, cashews and almonds as these contain magnesium, and magnesium deficiency has been linked to fibromyalgia .
Things we recommend to avoid
- avoid caffeine, as this limits absorption which can lead to mineral deficiency.
avoid sugar which increases pain and can weaken the immune system and can lead to sleep disturbances. It also could lead to growth of candida albicans. This has been shown to cause fibromyalgia.
How Chiropractic can help
Studies have shown that there is evidence that chiropractors can help with the management of the symptoms of fibromyalgia including the increase motion of the joints and the relaxation of muscles.
We do this by examining the spine and muscles and seeing if there are any postural distortions, any spinal misalignments or muscle trigger points.
We might send off for spinal x-rays if we want further evidence to support the misalignments in the spine
If you want more information. Please call Health Wise Chiropractic 03 9467 7889 or book online to see one of our Chiropractors in Sunbury or Bundoora Today!
#sunburychiropractor #bundoorachiropractor #healthwisechiropractic #drjohnghali #drjuliansimpson #painrelief #liveinspired #wellnessblogger #wellpreneur #mindbodysoul #mindbodygram #mindbodyspirit #raiseyourvibrations #holisiticliving #healthyhappylife #wellnessjourney #nourishyourself #treatyourself #sunbury #bundoora #inspirationdaily #fibromyalgia